Get monthly email updates when I add new resources to our Family Action Toolkits
Raising Luminaries & Books for Littles are free and accessible for readers who can’t afford a paywall. Check out the full affiliate disclosure along with my statement of accountability.
When is it?
- The first Sunday following the full moon after the spring equinox, sometime in March or April.
Despite being baptized Catholic, I still don’t know much about Easter beyond ashy foreheads, a special type of Friday, and Giant Rabbits That Poop Chocolate Eggs (??!) nor how that weird mess connects with the resurrection of Jesus.
So you know what? I’m gonna defer to these three great resources for progressive, interfaith-positive, intersectional feminist Christians who are all members of our Raising Luminaries Community. I like, admire, and trust these friends to explain this way better than I can:
- The Illustrated Children’s Ministry – want your bible study / Sunday school / church place to be more proactive in seeking social justice? This is where you can find progressive, anti-ableist, anti-supremacist lessons reminding folks that Jesus was an abolitionist and private prisons for profit are messed up.
- Holy Troublemakers & Unconventional Saints – sign up for the newsletter! Daneen’s newsletters feel like a big dose of love but she doesn’t flood your inbox.
- Parenting Forward Podcast with Cindy Wang Brandt – supporting families interested in deconstructing the toxic supremacy and exclusion of fundamentalist Christianity. Click here to hear my interview with Cindy from 2018.
- Progressive Asian American Christians – Intersectionally progressive group founded by Liz Lin & Lydia Shui. Inclusive for Asian & Pacific Islanders.