Quick guidelines & info on how I’m making (trying to make?) Raising Luminaries spaces more accessible
- When updating old articles & creating new ones, I’ll update the header heirarchies to be more screen-reader friendly.
- Long paragraphs are broken up into shorter chunks to make reading easier.
- I’ve installed an accessibility plugin to allow visitors to adjust text, images, and colors to be easier to see.
- Images use alt-tags and/or image descriptions whenever possible.
- Videos and podcasts use live captions or transcripts are provided.
- Slides are provided using Google Slides, which are (or at least claim to be) screen-reader friendly.
- The wordpress theme we’re using claims to be translation-ready for browser translations.