Get monthly email updates when I add new resources to our Family Action Toolkits
Rules of Contact
by Ashia R., Head Custodian of Raising Luminaries
I want to pick your brain… / What do you think about this book….
I hate to be difficult, but I don’t have the bandwidth (or childcare) to handle uncompensated personal requests or respond to every comment.
If you want to pick my brain, but don’t want to pay for my labor
Post a comment on a relevant article on this website.
There are oodles of people who probably have the same exact challenge, and our community works through a lens of transparency – so why not benefit others who can learn from our discussion?
To find a relevant post, search the website using the top navigation icon, check the FAQ, or browse through the archives to see if I’ve already addressed your request.
I check comments once a month and respond to most comments within reason.
If your request is personal, complex, or you can’t find a relevant post
Join the Luminary Brain Trust group
You can post in the LBT any time, but I check in twice a month to respond to comments and member posts.
There are lots of smarties in our community who know way more than I do – and we love to share what we’ve learned.
If your request is urgent, sensitive, or you need 1-on-1 guidance
Book a private Illuminati consultation so I can make time in my schedule, hire a sitter, and give you the time and attention your challenges deserve.
If you don’t know my middle name
Please do not hunt down my private information for a personal message.
This includes my email address from old websites, my phone number, my personal social media accounts, harassing my friends and family, etc.
This creeps me out. If you want to connect with me privately, book a private Illuminati consultation and compensate me for my time and labor.
I have a criticism or concern!
How to make a report
- Use the feedback form below. Read all guidelines before submitting.
- Submitting a report without reading and following the guidelines would be shitty, read and follow the guidelines.
- If the criticism calls into question my actions (ex: saying something problematic) rather than my identity (ex: being a bitch), I will take your feedback into consideration.
- If it’s obvious trolling designed to waste my spoons and time, I will simply delete your submission.
- I reserve the right to publish your submission and drag you if you abuse this form, harass me, or violate my boundaries.
- This form has been repeatedly abused by Autism Warrior Parents and authors looking for me to plug their books (so trashy!) So I no longer respond to any submissions made on this form because all my patience got wasted previous on shitty behavior.
- If your criticism is valid, taught me something, or helps us all grow, I’ll adjust my work, incorporate your feedback moving forward, and give you credit (if you want it.)
- If you’re just submitting a report to work around the contact boundaries I provided above to demand uncompensated labor, I will ignore you.
Existing as a feminine person on the internet does not mean I owe you my care and attention. Making human mistakes does not mean I owe you my care and attention. Saying something that disagrees with your values does not mean I owe you my care and attention.
Reporting Sensitive Feedback
If you feel actively unsafe reporting critical feedback to me, please use my Anonymous Critical Feedback Form.
If you do not feel unsafe, then use one of the contact methods above. This form does not exist for you to slip past my boundaries.
But if for some reason you truly feel I would take retaliatory action against you for criticizing me, this form acts as a safeguard for your protection.
Because Raising Luminaries content spans multiple channels and hundreds of articles, please provide context (ex: links) for where the issue occurs.
This document was last edited September 2021 by Ashia R.