by Ashia R., Head Custodian of Raising Luminaries
Statement of Acknowledgement
Since the emotional and intellectual labor of activists and people from targeted groups is often unpaid and unacknowledged, it’s our responsibility to signal-boost the work we benefit from.
Organizations who are doing non-book & parenting praxis work so I don’t have to:
- I now direct a portion of our monthly patreon contributions to these organizations, so to avoid having to come back here to list redundant links (and falling behind) you can track those over in our Monthly Recaps or you can see them compiled by year in the Financial Disclosures page.
Books, Articles Feeds & Websites whose work I’m learning from:
- I track books (for grown-ups) that I’m reading at the end of our monthly Good Finds book collections.
- Online articles and organizations, I signal boost with credit on the Raising Luminaries Facebook page so click through and scroll down the feed for that.
- I’m currently working on a syllabus of resources based on topic, which will be published….eventually.
Originators of language & concepts I reference in this work:
- Corinne Duyvis coined the phrase #OwnVoices
- Kimberlé Williams Crenshaw coined the term ‘intersectionality‘
- James Charlton coined the phrase #NothingAboutUsWithoutUs
- Kerima Çevik’s Intersected coined the tag #AutisticWhileBlack
- Elisabeth Schüssler Fiorenza coined the term‘kyriarchy’ in her book But She Said: Feminist Practices of Biblical Interpretation
This document was last edited June 2020 by Ashia R.