Get monthly email updates when I add new resources to our Family Action Toolkits
Bonus: July Calls Us To Action!
July Calls Us To Action!
Join the Summer Accelerator
Raising Luminaries Parent Activist Collectives are virtual, seasonally-oriented 6-week experiments where radically progressive parents reflect, assess, and take action to make a laser-beam impact all year round.
Unlike single-issue workshops and online groups, we work together in small, private, interdependent cohorts to process & reflect, take accountability, and create specialized plans of action for the change we want to see.
It’s fun. You will like it. Join us.
Kiddos: Little Feminist Summer Reading Challenge
Download the Little Feminist Reading Challenge bingo sheet to kick off your summer reading.
Need help finding books to meet the challenge? OH I GOT YOU, BUDDY.
- Summer reading lists by age
- Summer Favorites
- For adults: The Luminary Braintrust’s #GrownUpBookClub reading list.
- Overwhelmed? If you can’t make it to the library or just want one less thing to deal with:
Grab an age-tailored Little Feminist Book Club subscription.
Families: Make a Response Plan
Via Revolutionary Humans, used with permission:
Develop a toolkit for kindness + Action
- What extra resources do I have?
- What connections would be useful for others?
- What are my go-to strategies for tangible actions?
- Your top 5 Actions for friends
- Your top 5 actions to respond to sudden community needs
- Your top 5 actions for long-term kindness
- To your list of actions when needs arise and spend less time ignoring or avoiding kind offer
Grownups: Join When We Gather with Bellamy of Revolutionary Humans
- Co-creative art projects designed to inspire & spark hope in busy parents
- Thought-provoking essays and journal prompts on parenting through multiple intersections of oppression
- Receive monthly kindness actions to motivate little leaders
- Live virtual events & book clubs
Grownups: Support Reproductive Healthcare & Abortion Access for LGBTQiA2S+, BIPOC, poor & and targeted youth
Choose an action accessible to you:
- Sign the petition calling on Congress to support Abortion Access Legislation via the Women’s Health Protection Act*.
- Text PMQRWU to 50409
- Donate $5 now to Abortion Within Reach to support direct-care, crisis relief funds & advocacy protecting reproductive justice.
“We demand that young people have the explicit legal right to consent to their own sexual and reproductive health care needs with full protection for their privacy and confidentiality and that young people have full access to the reproductive health services they may need, including but not limited to abortion, birth control, and comprehensive sex education that is sex-positive and LGBTQIA+ affirming.”
*I know the name of the legislation sucks, but we’re in a crisis and picking our battles here. Demand Senators pass H.R. 3755 using any tool available including ending the filibuster.
To find more of our petitions, text GO LUMINARIES to 50409 or visit Raising Luminaries Resistbot Petitions
You are doing a good job!
We support those who support our community. I’ve reinvested 12% of our 2021 Patreon pledges to activists and organizations such as the Transgender Gender-Variant & Intersex Justice Project (TGIJP):
“The mission of TGIJP is to challenge and end the human rights abuses committed against Black, Black/Brown trans people inside of California prisons, jails, detention centers, and beyond.”
Find out who pays all this, and where the money goes in our Financial Accountability disclosure. It’s got charts! And just abysmal budgeting skills!
You give me hope.
This month let’s talk with our kids about how the small everyday decisions we make can accumulate into a world-changing impact. Knowing we’re in this together, each making tiny steps toward courageous, radical kindness – we’re not alone!