Get monthly email updates when I add new resources to our Family Action Toolkits
Velociraptor Awareness Day
Raising Luminaries & Books for Littles are free and accessible for readers who can’t afford a paywall. Check out the full affiliate disclosure along with my statement of accountability.
Velociraptor Awareness Day!!!
I just wanted you to know.
When is it?
- Annually on the 18th of April on the Gregorian calendar
Parenting is Praxis: Beware!
Just like Autistic people, Velociraptors are not something you need to be particularly be afraid of – but clutch your pearls and get your bewareness on, nonetheless!
Let’s all take this opportunity to FREAK OUT so we can distract ourselves from the real problems of climate devastation and systemic injustice! Will getting a vaccine turn your child into a bloodthirsty, extinct dinosaur?! There’s only one way to find out!
- Talk with kids about why cloning endangered species isn’t enough – and why we need to create a habitat for existing endangered species.
Remember, If you’ve met one extinct animal with velociraptorism, you’ve met one extinct animal with velociraptorism.*
- Take that as an excuse to shut down any velociraptor who tries to explain how extinction impacts them or how they are personally harmed by it.
- I mean, you probably have a kid whose best-friend’s sister is into velociraptors! So you know what’s best for velociraptors better than any velociraptor.
*Do you hear how ridiculous this all sounds? Please stop using it to silence Autistic self-advocates.
Call to action:
- Watch out for velociraptors. Those fuckers are fast.
- If you have the privilege of health and access, get vaccinated.
- Even if you do turn into an autistic velociraptor!
- (You won’t.)
- Because vaccines don’t cause velociraptorism!
- But also why would it be so bad if you did?
- What do you have against velociraptors?!