Get monthly email updates when I add new resources to our Family Action Toolkits
Let’s Explore the Wealth Gap
Raising Luminaries & Books for Littles are free and accessible for readers who can’t afford a paywall. Since we’re a contribute-what-you can community, I try to fill in the gaps with affiliate links. Posts may contain affiliate links, which allow me to earn a commission at no extra cost to you. Check out the full affiliate disclosure along with my statement of accountability.
Let’s Dismantle the Wealth Gap
- Everything Naomi Loved (ages 5-8)
- Mimi’s Village (Ages 3-12), content warning for death of a child
- Maddi’s Fridge (Ages 4-8)
- What is the wealth gap? Why is it growing larger every year?
- What is food insecurity? Why do some people have plenty of food, and some don’t have enough?
- What is healthcare accessibility? Why do some have access to health care, but others don’t?
- What is gentrification? How is it a form of displacement?
- What is saviorism? How is it different from allyship or accomplice work?
- Mapping Inequality: How was your neighborhood affected by redlining? If it’s not on this map, does your city share resources on historical redlining and race-based policies?
- Donate $5 to 25 to City Life/Vida Urbana – a grassroots community organization committed to fighting for racial, social and economic justice and gender equality by building working class power.
Additional resources to dig deeper into this topic:
- Housing Equity & Accessible Shelter
- Women’s Equal Pay Day
- Dismantling Wealth Inequality 101, a 7-part guide
- Overcoming False Scarcity & Xenophobia with ‘Shelter’
- Galvanizing Kids Books About Poverty Inspiring Kids To Give Back
- Safe & Affordable Housing: Easy Read Edition, via ASAN